Chartered Financial Planner (Individual)
To be able to use the title of Chartered Financial Planner an adviser has to meet the following criteria:
- Hold the Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning which is the highest qualification that a financial adviser can gain and is equivalent to a first degree
- Have five years relevant industry experience
- Be a member of the Personal Finance Society
- Adhere to the CII’s Code of Ethics
- Be able to demonstrate that my continuing professional development is up to date and commit to an ongoing programme of continuing professional development.
The title demonstrates commitment to learning, competence, ethical practice and the continuing pursuit of the highest professional standards.
Chartered Financial Planners (Company)
Chartered status is awarded to firms who can satisfy rigorous qualification criteria by retaining highly-qualified staff, commit to continuing professional development and adhere to an industry standard Code of Ethics. It is today’s “gold standard” of excellence and integrity and shows that clients can expect the highest quality of service. The title is granted by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), the professional body for insurance and financial services.
This brings serious obligations and means that we are required to ensure the advice, service and ongoing support we provide to you is:
- Of the highest quality
- Based solely on your researched needs
- Provided by someone operating within their level of competency
We meet these obligations in a number of ways….
- A commitment to the technical and professional development of staff, such as professional qualifications
- All staff members who deal with customers belong to the industry’s professional body the Personal Finance Society (PFS), the dedicated financial planning arm of the CII Group, and adhere to its Code of Ethics which is enforced through disciplinary sanctions
- We adhere to the PFS’s continuing professional development requirements, ensuring our staff keep their knowledge and skill set up to date.
A Chartered title is a commitment to an overall standard of customer excellence and professionalism.